Happy St. Paddy's Day!
In honor of St. Paddy's Day I made you a shamrock. Please feel free to do with it as you wish.
When thinking about St. Paddy's Day, I took some time to look up the history on wikipedia. I found out some surprising tidbits. Did you know that the shamrock is said to be the symbol St. Patrick used to introduce the Irish to the concept of the Holy Trinity? And he is thereby largely credited with converting the island to catholicism?
Did you further know that St. Patrick's first trip to Ireland was after he was kidnapped in England by Irish thugs, and held captive on the west coast of Ireland as a slave? He escaped and boarded a ship back to England, only to return later as a man of the cloth. I think that's fascinating.
When I think about St. Paddy's Day, I usually don't think about catholicism at all. I think of beautiful rolling hills and houses made out of stone. I think about the fact that pubs are places for all ages to come together and socialize. I wonder about how fun it might be to bring the tubaloo to a pub and hear some good Irish music while Dr. Dad and I sip Irish coffee and Guinness. And I wonder if that would be a bad influence on him, or if it would be the wholesome experience I'm imagining in my head (like a scene from the moving Waking Ned Divine.)
I also think about corned beef and cabbage, with a lot of mustard, all of which I love. But, I do not know how to make it, so I won't be eating it this year. My mother, who is Irish, does an excellent job of making that particular dish, so maybe if I'm good I'll get some next year.
Friday, 22 March 2013 22:27
posted by VesProomshirm
cheap priligy - order priligy , http://priligyonlinemeds.com/#tcblt order priligy
Monday, 18 March 2013 10:52
posted by Cepekeennab
cialis 50 mg - cheap cialis online , http://primecialisonline.com/#lnyfy cialis 50 mg
Thursday, 14 March 2013 11:04
posted by Ineniakag
buy retin a - buy retin a online , http://buyonlineretinanow.com/#bkuvs cheap retin a
Friday, 08 March 2013 22:45
posted by Ignissips
viagra online without prescription - viagra 200 mg , http://viagraboutiqueone.com/#nrqxb order viagra
Thursday, 29 March 2012 07:29
posted by Shannon
You crack me up Tom. You sound like such a grumpy kid! We should try to have St. Paddy's Day together at my mom's house next year ;)
I have no idea what the perfect Irish dessert is. I get the sense that the Irish are more inclusive, rather than exclusive, when it comes to dessert. Anything green? Perhaps a green rum cake?
Saturday, 24 March 2012 16:03
posted by tom farrell
I never liked corned beef and cabbage. Maybe a bad memory from childhood? Then again i never liked anything as a kid.
Your writing about it makes me want to try it again. It would make a cozy dinner in a warm kitchen with family and friends.
I am wondering what would be the perfect Irish dessert to follow?
Leave a comment
I love hearing from you! Leave me a note....
Dr. Dad = My darling husband. The Great Tubaloo, or the GT = what we like to call our son (rhymes with "tube of glue".) Note, it's a title, not a name. as in "The Great and Almighty Tubaloo who has traveled from from over the mountain to impart his wisdom!"
Your Latest Comments...
- [url=http://lipitorprime.com/#cifzy]5 mg buy lipitor online[/url] - buy lipitor online , http://lipitorprime.com/#sjbli buy atorvastatin cheap online Written by queeleleabe Why I love the Beach
- http://zithromaxprime.com/#godkb - order zithromax 250 mg online - order azithromycin , http://zithromaxprime.com/#ckiyq buy zithromax 250 mg Written by Meagmafitases Some Days Are Full Of Poop
- If you carry a purse, don't put anything in it that can't be easily replaced during your trip! Many coats or jackets have an inside pocket for ID's, passports, travelers'… Written by nesajtrz Artist: Dan Monteavaro
- buy lasix 40 mg - order furosemide 100 mg , http://lasixprime.com/#itztm order furosemide cheap online Written by appolaAffeply Some Days Are Full Of Poop
- order valtrex generic without prescription - buy valtrex 1000 mg without prescription , http://valtrexprime.com/#xxiln order valacyclovir 1000 mg without prescription Written by GaceHefesem Some Days Are Full Of Poop