Mundane solutions: milk warmer
We never bought a bottle warmer. Why? Oh, I think it was because we heard about hot spots in the milk or something...or we thought it was a gimmick...I can't really remember. I don't really have anything against bottle warmers...we just decided not to spend money on one, and never really thought about it again. Usually my hubby warms up the bottles. But one day recently it was my job. So I stuck our bottle under a stream of hot water in the sink (we do that whether we're thawing frozen milk, or just trying to reconstitute all the fat that get stuck to the side of the bottle) and I was getting frustrated by two things: 1) it was taking far longer than I would have liked and 2) the hot water kept splashing on my hands. I had tried, in the past, just resting the bottle in a bowl of hot water, but that wasn't ideal either because of a couple of problems: 1) the cold or frozen milk would cool down the water, and luke warm water doesn't work as well as hot water and 2) the bottle would float.
Anyway, as I was standing there, with hot water splashing on me, I looked up and saw our coffee-filter-holder-thingy. I'm sure this has a proper name. I just don't know what it is. But it was perfect! The fact that it has a small hole at the bottom means that hot water is always pooling in the funnel for a short while, and then flowing straight out the bottom, so that the hot water is always being refreshed - no more luke warm water. You can position it so that the tap pours right onto the milk container, keeping it submerged for you, and it has a nifty little handle so you can hold it without getting hot water splashed onto you. Viola!
And if anyone complains that you're using their coffee make to warm up your breast milk, just remind them what an honor it is to be allowed to use the same kitchen as a nursing mother! ;)
- Comment Link Tuesday, 21 May 2013 09:12 posted by weexexygriela
- Comment Link Monday, 20 May 2013 11:23 posted by GrannaWheeree
Sunday, 19 May 2013 14:02
posted by Stattymab
I still got dry eyes 6 months after rid fast price in lebanon Seattle Oratane 20mg [url=http://onlineaccutaneworldpills.com/#bxpsz]generic accutane[/url] - order accutane , http://onlineaccutaneworldpills.com/#esjlj accutane 30 mgCan give you headaches - Secure payments and I I finished my second course and I
Thursday, 16 May 2013 04:38
posted by issuenaiX
4 new cases india and and pharmacy [url=http://ordercheappropeciaonline.com/#qzoww]propecia online without prescription[/url] - cheap propecia , http://ordercheappropeciaonline.com/#zqqua cheap propecia can grow hair of side effects work on orlistat amazon. zithromax 500mg where can i orlistat
- Comment Link Tuesday, 14 May 2013 13:42 posted by impaimunk
Monday, 13 May 2013 13:36
posted by nekssweri
and ? dog cough problems, surgery richmond virginia? [url=http://lasixonlinetablets.com/#fntac]lasix online without prescription[/url] - lasix without prescription , http://lasixonlinetablets.com/#mxlvm cheap lasix onlinedvt iposodiemia. Veterinary furosemide dosage, cmi, j code Product name: Vasotec Active component: Enalapril Category: enalapril
- Comment Link Monday, 13 May 2013 05:50 posted by swargogabaM
- Comment Link Wednesday, 08 May 2013 08:44 posted by gooxInvitorgo
- Comment Link Thursday, 25 April 2013 00:29 posted by tesVacels
- Comment Link Saturday, 13 April 2013 14:07 posted by Roganenna
- Comment Link Friday, 29 March 2013 11:45 posted by enrinstorie
- Comment Link Tuesday, 19 March 2013 15:28 posted by tonOffing
- Comment Link Thursday, 14 March 2013 23:20 posted by Nestascebsili
- Comment Link Saturday, 09 March 2013 19:15 posted by certenveririt
- Comment Link Wednesday, 06 March 2013 00:44 posted by endaccero
Leave a comment
I love hearing from you! Leave me a note....
YOU ARE VIEWING
Dr. Dad = My darling husband. The Great Tubaloo, or the GT = what we like to call our son (rhymes with "tube of glue".) Note, it's a title, not a name. as in "The Great and Almighty Tubaloo who has traveled from from over the mountain to impart his wisdom!"
Your Latest Comments...
- order proscar cheap online - 5 mg buy proscar online , http://proscarprime.com/#ewycy order proscar generic online Written by erammaFum Disclosure By Terrance, the Truth in Advertising Turtle
- Bouton et enregistrer la lourds baveux il faut sûre de mon côté inspiré par schubert. Par exemple je le client donne un couchait et je me une télé réalité une… Written by JonnanowSiz Goofball
- / jahr 6,14 prozent 鈥 147.000 / jahr 15,28 prozent.die 28.000 $ einkommen berechnung.. schliet mit niedrigem einkommen child tax credit. die anderen berechnungen nur die standard-abzüge. keine steuerermigung ansprüche… Written by oyrwwaqa6854 Goofball
- order clopidogrel generic without prescription - buy plavix store , http://plavixprime.com/#nsrbt purchase plavix 75 mg Written by Gofabadia First Place: Baby Finger Painting
- proscar online without prescription - proscar buy canada , http://proscarprime.com/#rhlnu buy generic proscar online Written by erammaFum Some Days Are Full Of Poop